Entrepreneurship Can't Be Taught, New York Times, August 4, 2011: Entrepreneurship cannot really be taught in a university setting -- that is a factory model. It's learned by the apprenticeship model.
Method for Mastering Skills
EntreLeague's methodical process for mastering entrepreneurial skills is efficient and effective. As a result of working with us, you will:
- Know specifically what entrepreneurial skills you need to learn.
- Know in what order you need to learn these skills. Order is critical. There is a certain sequence or series of steps to acquiring a foreign language or learning math. For example, you learn certain parts of speech before others; you learn addition before subtraction, multiplication before division. If you approach something in the wrong order, it can negatively affect your ability to learn.
- Know specifically what it takes to master each skill.
- Gain access to the knowledge and resources you need to learn a skill when you need it - on a just-in-time basis. In the classroom, you learn what the instructor decides you should learn whether or not you need it or already know it. This is the problem with one-size-fits all learning approaches. EntreLeague's highly individualized coaching system focuses only on what you need to learn, when you need to learn it.
- Overcome obstacles more easily and reduce the cost as well as frequency of failure in the skill mastery process.
- Accelerate the experience curve by learning more from your own mistakes as well as those of others and doing so more quickly.
There are no short-cuts and you can't skip steps, but you can get stuck as well as lost, costing you time, energy and money. Mastering entrepreneurial skills need not be haphazard. EntreLeague takes the guesswork out of the process.
Where else can you go to learn how to be an entrepreneur?